Aura Leisure Letterkenny
Junior Swim Academy | Letterkenny
Developed for babies who have received their 2nd inoculation aged up to 30 months, delivered over an 8 week course of 30 minute lessons. Have fun and nurture the bond with your baby by introducing them to the water. Using a gentle and gradual approach our specially trained swim instructors will work with you to ensure your baby feels comfortable in the warm water of our Learner pool.
Swim Tots – for Toddlers ready for the next step! Our Swim Instructors work closely with each child focusing on water awareness, confidence & safety to assist a smoother transition into the higher levels of the Aura Swim Academy.
Get in touch about our next sessions
Swim Baby & Swim Tots Sessions
Our Team will be in contact with you about our next Swim Tots Sessions
Letterkenny Pool Timetable
|09:00 – 14:30||Swim Academy|
|14:30 – 17:30||Open Swim|
FAQs Swim Baby & Swim Tots
– Smile and encourage the baby to enjoy the water during bath time. Wash water gently over their face and body.
– When they are ready for the big bath you might want to get into the bath with them, for the first time so they feel safe and secure.
– Have small toys available like ducks or plastic balls.
– Sing songs and make bath times fun.
– When the baby is in the big bath on their own support them to lie on their front, on their back and sitting in an upright position.
– Pour water onto their head and body from a cup.
– Use a sponge to pour water over their head and face as they sit upright so they get used to the shower at the pool and later for submersion.
– Let them enjoy playing with suitable toys.
– Visit the pool prior to going swimming to see it and so you are familiar with the changing rooms.
– Toys: ducks, floating plastic balls or other favourite waterproof toys.
– For toddlers, armbands, woggles/noodles, and floats can be used to support.
– Ensure any equipment or toys used are suitable size so they are not a chocking hazard. If you are not sure if an equipment is suitable please ask a member of pool staff.
– Buoyancy swimming togs, Inflatable rings for neck support or inflatable rings worn around the waist are not recommended.
– Consider what is best based on the temperature at the pool you are attending.
– Baby warmer adjustable Neoprene swimsuits are recommended if you child is cold in the water.
– These can be bought in advance in the local supermarket. We sell these individually in our retail.
– Get the correct size based on your baby’s weight.
Fabric swim hats:
– Need to be worn in most pools.
– Easy to use.
– Available to purchase at all Aura Leisure Centres
– Recommend for older children.
for example, a plastic duck. This is not essential, but It can make the pool more fun!