All Aura Leisure Centres Re-Opening Tuesday 1st December
November 27th, 2020 Update
We are delighted to confirm that following the Government announcement of the lifting of Level 5 Restrictions, Aura Leisure will be re-opening on Tuesday 1st December.
Aura Swim Academy
The current term of swim lessons will remain paused during the Level 3 restrictions. We will make up the lessons once they are cleared to recommence.
All memberships will resume upon re-opening on the 1st of December, and the monthly direct debit membership billing in December will be discounted to reflect the days lost due to the Government enforced closure period. Annual memberships will be extended to cover the closure period.
Home Workout Videos
Check out our FREE and extensive range of Home Workout videos designed to keep you and all your family fit, healthy and active.
Activity Packs for Children
Our Swim Academy At Home activity packs for children are available to download from our website.
We would like to thank all of our customers for their continued support and look forward to welcoming you all back. Follow us on social media for updates.
We want to thank all our members for supporting us over the last few months and to all of our staff who worked so hard to get all our leisure centres ready to reopen safely. Our staff are our ‘frontline heroes’.
More than ever, we are determined to drive our mission of ‘A Healthier and Happier Ireland’ and it appears that our longstanding company values have never been more relevant e.g. ‘We Are All In This Together’.
This page has been provided as a reference for all the information you need to return safely to Aura Leisure to continue your health and fitness goals. We will be keeping this page updated so do check in regularly. You can also check out our Frequently Asked Questions page.
Things will be a little different when you return. But rest assured these new operations have been put in place to ensure the highest standards of health and safety so you can enjoy your workout in Aura with piece of mind.
Please read the below carefully. We need to ensure we operate strictly in adherence to public health guidance and we will implement that guidance with your co-operation.
Book Your Time Slot
You will need to book in advance of attending the gym, swimming pool or fitness classes using our online booking system or over the phone. This may change in the coming weeks in line with Government regulations. Details of the new booking system have been sent to customers. Customers looking to book a swimming session with their children can only do so by calling their local Aura Leisure centre.
Click here to make a booking and follow these steps:
A. Enter your login details. If you’re a new user you can also register at this point.
B. Go to the Bookings section.
For Gym or Pool:
Select Make A Booking. Next, choose your activity category and then your activity and pick your preferred time slot
For Fitness Classes:
Select Class Timetable. Then choose your preferred class and time slot.
C. Accept T’s & C’s which include your agreement not to attend our facility if you are ill or suffering from any Covid-19 related symptoms or if you have been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with Covid-19 within the last 14 days.
D. Make payment if you are a Pay As You Go customer
Arriving at our Centres
- Don’t enter if you are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19 – please isolate at home until it is safe to return
- We encourage visitors and members entering our facility to wear a face covering in line with public health guidance. Face coverings can be removed while swimming or exercising. Children under 12 and persons with medical considerations as provided by the public health guidance are also exempt from wearing a face covering.
- Ensure you sanitise your hands at the sanitiser station provided
- Social distancing will be outlined with floor markings and signage
- Check-in at reception to confirm your booking
- We have installed new hygiene screens at our reception desks
- Our staff may be wearing PPE to protect both members and staff where social distancing measures cannot be adhered to
- Prepare to make on-site payments using contactless where possible
- Swipe your card at the turnstyle. Please don’t touch it with your hands – instead push through using your legs.
- Please observe one-way systems and follow directional signage
- Some of our services will be running at a reduced capacity and some may be temporarily unavailable
- Have received extensive training in relation to managing Covid-19 in the workplace and enhanced cleaning and hygiene protocols
- Will not be allowed to present for work if they are experiencing symptoms of Covid-19
- Will be practicing social distancing while working
Please be patient with our staff, while they too are adjusting to these new measures
Enhanced Cleaning Procedures
Enhanced and extensive cleaning schedules and practices have been introduced at all of our centres using our Eco-Friendly ‘Ozone’ cleaning product proven to kill Coronavirus.
Using Our Gym
Things may look and feel different, but it is all in the interest of your safety and having a great workout
- Please come gym-ready and leave immediately after your workout
- Changing facilities will be available at some of our centres but members are encouraged not to use them if possible.
- If you do need to use the changing room you must inform staff on entering the premises.
- The number of lockers available will be restricted. You will need to sanitise your locker before and after use.
- Water fountains will not be available
- Sweat towels are allowed but NOT for wiping down equipment. Paper towel will be provided for sanitising equipment before and after use.
- Play your part and wipe down equipment before & after personal use. This includes free weights, machines (and mats). Our ‘Ozone’ disinfectant will be available for members to use which kills the virus and is safe to use.
- Please bring your own mat where possible
- Social distancing will be implemented in the gym and studios
- Avoid going to or touching areas or equipment you do not need to
- Use hand sanitiser dispensers regularly and wash hands regularly where possible
Using Our Pool
Research has proven chlorine kills Covid-19
- Maximum capacities will be in place during each time slot for social distancing
- If possible, come pool-ready and only use changing facilities after your swim
- Adhere to your allocated time slot
- Only pre-cleanse showers will be available at most of our centres. It is preferred if swimmers just rinse, change and go
- Hair-dryers will not be available
- Our health suites will remain closed for now
Participating in Fitness Classes
Indoor fitness classes will not be available during Level 3 Restrictions. Contact your local Aura Leisure centre for more details.
When restrictions allow Classes to go ahead:
- Class sizes will be reduced to ensure social distancing
- Book in advance
- Mats will be provided but we recommend that you bring your own.
- Mats must be cleaned before and after use
Leaving our Centres
- Observe any one-way systems in place
- Follow directional signage to exit by designated routes
- Ensure you sanitise your hands at the sanitiser station provided
Aura Swim Academy
The Aura Swim Academy will be paused while Level 3 restrictions are in place.
Once restrictions are lifted the following procedures will be in place for the resumption of swim lessons.
Protecting Swim Academy children, their parents & our staff
We’re doing things a little differently to protect children, their parents and our staff during swim lessons.
- New procedures to ensure social distancing
- Staggered class times to reduce the numbers in our changing area at the same time
- Teaching from pool deck where possible
- Face shields will be worn by our Swim Teachers
- Reduced capacity in viewing areas with preference given to parents of younger children
- Increased sanitation and disinfection routines throughout the facility using our Eco-Friendly ‘Ozone’ cleaning product proven to kill Coronavirus that is safe for use by children, parents and staff.
- Extensive training for staff in managing Covid-19 in the workplace
- One-way routes will be in place where necessary with additional signage
- Our mechanical ventilation systems deliver up to 10 air changes per hour throughout our facilities. This constant supply of fresh air greatly reduces the risk of Covid-19 infection.
What parents can do to help:
- Arrive no more than 5 minutes before the class starts
- We encourage parents entering our facility and sitting in the viewing area to wear a face covering in line with public health guidance. Children under 12 and persons with medical considerations as provided by the public health guidance are exempt from wearing a face covering.
- Come Swim-Ready where possible
- Dry and dress children as quickly as possible
- Adhere to the social distancing requirements in place and follow our hygiene protocols
- Sanitiser spray and paper will be available for you to use for additional peace of mind
- Allow us to prioritise the parents of younger children in our viewing area. If possible, parents are asked to wait in their car during while the swim lesson is underway
- Don’t enter the centre if they or their child are experiencing any symptoms of Covid-19
How Swim Lessons Will Work
- Before you arrive make sure your child is Swim-Ready. This means coming to our facility with their swim-wear under their clothes to reduce changing time before lessons
- We recommend arriving no more than 5 minutes before your class starts
- Once you enter, hand sanitiser will be available for you and your child to use
- Check-in at reception. We have installed new hygiene screens.
- Our staff will direct you and your child to where they can get ready for class. As lockers will not be available you will need to keep your child’s bag with you or leave it at the visible bag drop-off area.
- Once your child is ready for their lesson proceed to the pool deck as per the directional signage where your child will be met by a member of our team.
- Your child will be directed to stand in their designated area – this is where they will wait for their class to start. Signage will also be in place to assist.
- While your little swimmer is taking up their position, we ask where possible that you wait in your car or for parents of younger children to proceed immediately towards the viewing area and maintain social distancing.
- When it is time for your child’s lesson to begin, a member of staff will direct your child to the pre shower area and then to their swim lesson.
- Once lessons have ended your child will again get the opportunity to use the pre shower area and then be directed to the changing area. Please don’t delay in getting changed. Showers and hair dryers will not be available for use.
- Follow signage and the direction of staff to exit the building as quickly as possible.
Aura Grove Island Limerick