National Fitness Day 2022
National Fitness Day is the biggest annual celebration of physical activity of the year and falls on Thursday 22nd September 2022 . Aura are celebrating the role that physical activity plays across our leisure centres with local initiatives from Free classes to Competitions and health and fitness giveaways. Check out your local centre’s Facebook page to see what activations they have on site!
For those of you who are far from one of our centre’s and want to get involved and have a #healthierhappier day, we’ve come up with a few ideas for you to try in the comfort of you own home or local area.
- Take a Stretch Break!
- It improves flexibility, leaving your muscles feeling less tense
- It leaves you feeling refreshed and increases productivity
- It helps to improve your posture, which reduces back pain
- Take 2 x 10min stretch breaks during the day
- Hold each stretch for 15secs
- Do each stretch twice
2. Local Exercise Ideas
- GOAL (choose 1 or more!):
- Go for a 30min – approx. 3 km. (2 x 15min walks are just as good!)
- Go for a sea swim
- Go for a cycle
- Play a game of catch, tag or football with the kids
Benefits of Exercise:
- Exercise combats health conditions and diseases
- Exercise improves mood
- Exercise boosts energy
- Exercise promotes better sleep
- Exercise puts the spark back into your sex life
- Exercise can be fun … and social!
3. Stay Hydrated
- Improved brain performance
- More energy
- Weight loss/management
- Decreased joint pain
- Improved detoxification
- Fewer headaches
- Hit your Recommended Daily Allowance of water!
- RDA – 1.6ltr (female) – 2ltr (male) / day
(1 aura bottle = 500ml)