Joining The Gym
2019 is fast approaching but why wait until then to start your fitness journey? Get started right now and fit into that favourite Christmas outfit this Festive Season.
So how do you start your fitness journey in a new gym?
- Take advantage of member benefits. This month with Aura we are offering *3 month memberships at crazy low prices! Find out what your local Aura is offering here. Not only do you get full access to our fully equipped gym, 25m swimming pool & wide range of exercise classes but you can also avail of our *Personal Training sessions and our *Fit for Life journey where our fully qualified and professional trainers will give you a personalised and tailor-made program that focuses on your own unique goals.
- Nutrition is key. Fitness & nutrition go hand in hand no matter what your body goals are. It is all about balance. You don’t have to force feed yourself green leaves 7 days a week there are plenty of delicious health y recipes out there for you to enjoy. The main things to keep in mind are calorie surplus/deficit of what you’re eating and portion control. We have plenty of information on this in short, bite size videos on our YouTube channel, check them out.
- Build a routine. Be realistic about making time for the gym each week, and try to plan ahead. It takes a bit of time to build a new routine but once you have you’ll enjoy it so much more.
- Don’t push yourself too hard. We all have our limits and if you’re trying to build a new fitness routine you’ll need to find yours. Make sure to incorporate rest days in between gym days. You can always work your way up to doing more, but injuring yourself will only set you back. Too much of something too quick also might put you off altogether.
- Find a class you love. We offer free group exercise classes with your membership so take some time to explore what classes we offer and find one you love! Whether it’s kickboxing, zumba or spinning classes there’s sure to be something that makes you feel energized or an instructor that you find encouraging.
- Reward yourself. If there’s a day when you’re having to really talk up the gym to yourself, try and find something you’re okay only having post-workout. Whether there’s a particular smoothie shop on the way home or a way to indulge yourself a little at home, tell yourself you can’t have it unless you go to the gym for a little extra motivation. Just make sure it’s something still somewhat healthy.
*Membership offer not available in Aura De Paul. Personal Training is available in selected centres. Fit for Life may incur additional cost on November special offer.