Aura Swim Lessons for Children
Waterproof them for Life at Aura!
Introducing Pre – Academy, courses for your little one.
– for babies as young as 3 months
- Have fun and nurture the bod with your baby by introducing them to the water
- Fully Qualified Swim Teachers will allow you both to feel comfortable in the warm water of our learner pool
- Gentle, gradual approach with Creative Techniques
– for Toddler’s ready for the next step!
- Building confidence in the water
- Introducing independence
- Preparation for Ducklings, the introductory level of Swim Academy
Aura Swim Academy
Everything you need to know about Ireland’s Best Swim Academy where kids learn and love to swim!
Benefits of Swimming
- Learn a vital skill
- Builds confidence and self-discipline
- Develop an understanding of water safety
- Aids muscle development
- Great form of exercise
Key Messages for Parents:
- Professionally trained instructors
- Low child-to-teacher ratio
- Creative methods of instruction
- Fun and positive learning environment
- Kids assessed on ability, not age
- Children progress at different rates
Ducklings is the introductory level to our Swim Academy and here the aim is to teach your child safe entry and exit from the pool, along with teaching them to fully submerge their face, all while having fun in the pool environment.
• Safe Entry and Exit
• Face Wetting
• Star Floats
• Kicking Legs
• Fun Games
• Understanding Class Structure
In Turtles we introduce independent floating on both the child’s front and back. The process of helping children to gain balance is a key element here. From there the correct arm, head and leg positionings are taught.
- Star Floats
- Intro to Front Crawl/Backstroke
- Rocket Arms
- Fun Games
- Submerging and Breathing out Under Water
In Seahorses the main focus is to perfect both front crawl and back crawl kicking in the learner pool then advancing this to the main pool where confidence is gained.
• Front Crawl
• Intro to Main Pool
• Fun Games
At this stage confidence in the main pool has been achieved. Safety is now a focus, we will teach your child to tread water and swim without flotation aids on both front crawl and back crawl with arms.
• Treading Water
• Front Crawl without Float
• Backstroke without Float
• Fun Games/Tumbles
Breathing, which is one of the most difficult skills in swimming is now incorporated. We will teach your child to breathe unilaterally while still keeping good body position. Children will also be introduced to the deep end of the pool where treading water is advanced from the Starfish level.
• Push and Glide
• Full Stroke Front Crawl
• Full Stroke Backstroke
• Unilateral Breathing
• Dolphin Kicks
Now in the deep end of the pool, we focus on retaining the skills that children have learned in Goldfish but in water that is 1.5m deep and upwards. The next phase will be to teach breaststroke leg kick with correct foot position to gain glide while keeping the feet under the water.
• Treading Water 30 sec
• Forward/Backward Tumbles
• Dolphin Body Action
• Intro to Bilateral Breathing
• Breaststroke Legs
Flying Fish is a level that we have introduced to help break down the strokes for children and have one main aim in each level. The main aim at this stage is to complete breaststroke with the arm movement and to introduce the correct breathing technique for this.
• Tread Water 45 Seconds
• Breaststroke – Leg, Arm and Breathing
• Intro to Butterfly
• Intro to Diving
At this stage children are quite competent on the three main swimming strokes. A continuation of breaststroke breathing takes place and also the butterfly is focused on. Children in the higher levels of the Academy still need to have fun and there are some fun skill games taught.
• Intro to Tumble Turns
• Frontcrawl “S” Shape Armpulls
• Breaststroke Glide
• Butterfly – full stroke technique
• Introduction to Rookie Lifeguard
Here the fine tuning starts to take place on all strokes focusing on the small but yet very important techniques to enhance ability. Fun and Games are still evident with snorkeling, tumble turns and diving a focus
• Tumble Turns – Counting Strokes
• 50 Metre Front Crawl
• Butterfly – Breathing
• Backstroke “S” ShapeArm
• Snorkeling Games
Sharks is the highest level of our swim academy where we aim to build stamina over all four strokes and introduce correct individual medley swimming along with furthering your child’s lifesaving skills.
• Counting and Reducing Strokes
• Building Stamina
• Individual Medley
• Lifesaving Skills
Download the full syllabus – Swim Academy Syllabus