How do you become a certified fitness trainer? / How do I get a personal training certification?
- To become a personal trainer or to gain a personal training qualification, you must complete an accredited fitness course in Ireland or the UK that is the equivalent EQF (European qualification framework) Level 4 certification. The Aura Fitness Academy has Personal Training courses that offer EQF Level 4 certifications.
What qualifications do you need to be a personal trainer in Ireland?
- EQF (European qualification framework) level 4 is the minimum standard qualification accepted in Ireland to work as a personal trainer.
How much does a personal trainer earn?
- Personal Trainers in Ireland can earn anywhere between €20- €70 per hour from client based 1-1 training.
Who is the course instructor?
- The course instructor for the Aura Fitness Academy is Luke Heapes – Luke has 12 years’ experience in the Fitness Industry. Graham’s experience is in managing, training and recruiting top rated Fitness Instructors, Group Fitness Instructors and Personal Trainers for some of Ireland’s largest health and fitness businesses. His extensive experience in this area gives students the REAL education and information they need to be successful the industry.
How long does the course take?
- Personal Training course lengths can vary from course to course, but are generally between 8-15 weeks long.
How much eLearning is involved in the course?
- The eLearning consists of 32 hours of 3D video that upskill you in anatomy and physiology, exercise principles, health and safety, exercise adherence and motivation and planning exercise programs. It is recommended to watch the videos a minimum of 2 and a maximum of 4 times over the course. This means over the 15 weeks you will spend between 4 hours to 8 hours per week at home completing eLearning.
Do you offer payment plans?
Yes, we have three payment options:
(a) Easy Payment Plan: 4 equal monthly installments. First installment due at time of booking, with the remaining payments due on weeks 4, 8 and 12.
(b) Deposit: Secure your place with a deposit of €800 and save €200 when you pay the balance one week before course start date.
(c) Early Bird Discounted Rate: Book and pay before 31st July 2022 and save €550.
Is there any other payment options than the full or part payment options advertised?
- We only advertise the full or part payment for our courses. In special circumstances where we feel the student is 100% committed to completing the course, we do take personal financial difficulties into account. If this is the case for you, I suggest contacting us to discuss possible options on a payment plan.
What content is in the 7 live workshops that are held on weekends?
The 7 work shop days have a total of 20 individual modules.
- 6 of these modules are recaps of anatomy and physiology to ensure the eLearning is full understood by students.
- 3 modules are dedicated to nutrition, business and marketing skill and selling high price personal training.
- 11 modules are dedicated to making you and expert in understanding exercise, body movements, instruction, class instruction, body testing and program design planning.
Can I work in any gym with the qualification?
- Yes, the complete bundle course will allow you to apply for all Personal Trainer, Fitness instructor and Group Fitness instructor jobs in the country.
Would I be able to take on clients straight after the course?
- Yes, we pride ourselves on making you as ready for the industry as possible. Our Tutors have years of experience running the most successful gyms and training the best personal trainers in the country. You get all this experience with the course and the tutors are available anytime for a call to make sure you are fully support in your journey.
Do I need to do work experience during the course?
- It is not a requirement, but it is an optional bonus. Work experience will help reinforce your learnings throughout the course. the Aura Fitness Academy is part of a larger company that runs 14 fitness facilities around the country. They consist of 10 Aura leisure facilities, and DKIT Sport facility and 3 world famous Anytime Fitness facilities. We offer work experience in any of these facilities. We can also contact other fitness facilities around the country to check work experience availability for our students.
Where and when are the live workshops being held?
The workshops are all held on weekends in Maynooth, Co. Kildare.