About Aura Leisure Centres
To find out more about Aura, click on the following:
Everybody is different and so are their reasons for wanting better health and well-being. Some may want to drop a dress size while others want to be fitter and have more energy or give themselves the edge in their chosen sport or some just simply want to relax and meet new friends. It varies from person to person. Whatever your reasons or goals are, we'll be with you all the way - guiding, inspiring and helping you get results. It's also going to be fun and you'll be amazed at what we can achieve together.
A Healthier and Happier Ireland.
To improve the health and wellbeing of our communities through exercise, sport and active lifestyles.
- Educate - Motivate - Support -
How: Educate, Motivate and Support
Educate: Schools Programmes; Campaigning; information web portal.
Inspire and motivate: Community 'Active Living Role' Models; Campaigning, Evening.
Facilitate and Support: Leisure centres, outreach programmes; skilled staff; fitness/active living programmes.
- We OWN our goals and deliver on them
- We are determined to be the BEST we can be
- We are PROUD of our shared success
- We genuinely CARE about our customers and each other
- We believe that SMALL CHANGES can make a difference
- It's not just a job - it's a WAY OF LIFE
- We are in this TOGETHER
- We keep it REAL
- In 2015, Aura received an EIQA Award and a distinction in NICO/NISG All Ireland Occupational Safety Awards.
- In 2014, Aura received the "White flag Award" gold standard in conjunction with Ireland Active and a 'NISO' Health and Safety Award.
- In 2013, Aura was highly commended for innovation in the Energy Conservation category of the GreenHospitality.ie awards.
- Aura Sport and Leisure Management have recently been presented with a recognition award by the National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO).
- In 2010, Aura Sport and Leisure Management were presented with a prestigious national award by the National Irish Safety Organisation (NISO).
- In 2007, Aura was named the 'Overall Winner' in the private sector of the ‘O2 Ability Awards 2007.
- The Aura Group has been approved by 'Excellence Ireland Quality Association' for the committed to excellence (EIQA & EFQM) European Recognition Scheme.
- In 2010, Aura were honorably selected to form a part of the judging panel for the O2 ability Awards.
- In 2008, Aura Youghal scooped the EIQA hygiene award in the Leisure Centre Category.
- In 2006, Aura won a record five 'O2 Ability Awards 2006' and have scooped two national awards in both the Environmental Accessibility and Customer Service categories.
- In 2005, Aura scooped five awards at the 'O2 Ability Awards 2005' for Customer Service and Recruitment and Training.
- All of our leisure centres have secured 'Hygiene Mark (Grade A) awards within 12 months of opening
Company Structure & Management
Aura Sport & Leisure Management Ltd. is part of the Aura Holohan Group which has been established for over 30 years working in the Leisure Industry. Aura Sport & Leisure Management Ltd. was formed in 1999 in response to requests from Local Authority clients who asked us to expand our consultancy role into direct facility management under a license agreement. The directors of the company have extensive experience in the leisure industry from facility planning to operating successful viable public leisure centres.
Aura currently operates nine leisure centres and one public pool throughout Ireland, with their support office based in Dublin.